Title text: It also occasionally replies with 'Comment of the year', 'Are you for real', and 'I'm taking a screenshot so I can remember this moment forever'.
Replying to a comment with "woosh" generally indicates that there was a joke, and the commenter failed to recognize it (or they prefer not to recognise it, if the joke is rather obscene) — "woosh" is an onomatopoeia for the joke metaphorically "flying over their head". A bot replying to comments with "woosh" at random would be very confusing, as people would search for the nonexistent joke they missed. This is similar to 559: No Pun Intended.
"Comment of the year," just like the original bot reply, could be taken two ways but both would likely cause confusion. Either the reader takes the "CotY" at face value, implying that the original comment is extremely significant, or as a sarcastic quip, which would give it basically the same meaning as "woosh", suggesting that the commentor had an unoriginal or ridiculous idea.
"Are you for real" implies that the commenter (the bot) doesn't believe that the original commenter is serious. It could also imply that the person to whom the bot is replying to is a famous celebrity, and the commenter wants to know if the person who posted the original comment is a real celebrity and not fake, but this seems unlikely given the context.
"I'm taking a screenshot so I can remember this moment forever" either adds an implied air of extreme importance, hilarity or significance to a comment, or sarcastically suggests that the comment was unoriginal, useless, or otherwise unimportant. People who read it might assume that there is a hidden joke or meaning somewhere inside the original comment.
So the point of creating such a bot is for spreading massive confusion, where there wouldn't be any in the absence of the bot's comments.
- [Online comment thread with text placed next to user pictures in three different levels. The first comment on the first level, the second on the second level and the last four on the same third level. Except for the second comment which is made by a person whose picture is a white silhouette of a human head and shoulders on black background, all the other comments are made by the same person with a picture of a guy with short black hair on white background. Below the pictures and below the text there are some unreadable information (indicated by wiggly lines) for the users name and time stamp etc. of the comments.]
- Hairy guy: This video looks fake to me.
- White silhouette : Woosh
- Hairy guy: Huh? Everyone's acting like it's real!
- Hairy guy: If it's a joke lots of people aren't getting it.
- Hairy guy: What am I missing?!!
- Hairy guy: Answer me
- White silhouette : Woosh
- Nothing creates more confusion than my bot that replies to random Internet comments with "Woosh".
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!