61: Stacey's Dad
Title text: I bet she gets you to mow the lawn, doesn't she?
The humor in this is that in the song the singer finds Stacy's Mom desirable, but in the comic the dad, who walked out, is saying that she is very undesirable and the singer should run away while he still can. "That woman has a lot going on" alludes directly to the first line of the chorus, but refers to the things that are going on in a negative, rather than a positive, light.
The title text elaborates on this idea, implying that she manipulated the singer to mow her lawn through rewarding the singer by making an appearance with "just a towel on."
Stacey's dad is drawn similarly to other early version of Hairy, making this his first appearance.
The song Stacy's Mom was again referenced in 575: Tag Combination.
Here are the lyrics. And for convenience they are printed here for the second verse and the chorus:
- Stacy, do you remember when I mowed your lawn? (mowed your lawn)
- Your mom came out with just a towel on (towel on)
- I could tell she liked me from the way she stared (the way she stared)
- And the way she said, "You missed a spot over there" (a spot over there)
- And I know that you think it's just a fantasy
- But since your dad walked out, your mom could use a guy like me
- Stacy's mom has got it goin' on
- She's all I want, and I've waited so long
- Stacy, can't you see you're just not the girl for me
- I know it might be wrong,
- but I'm in love with Stacy's mom
- [A hairy man.]
- Man: Look, I know you think that since I walked out she could use a guy like you. But trust me. That woman has got a lot going on, and you want none of it.
- Man: Get out while you still can.
- [Printed across the bottom of the panel.]
- Stacey's dad.
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!