125: Marketing Interview
Title text: There are a lot of books on marketing out there. I wonder if you're safest just buying the most popular one.
Black Hat is trying to get a job running a marketing program. Cueball conducts the interview and says that although he has heard that Black Hat is the best in the business, his portfolio does not show that he has run any major marketing campaigns. Black Hat asks where he heard that rumor and Cueball begins to respond. Then he realizes that Black Hat has used his perfect marketing campaign tactics to get into the business. So Black Hat gets the job.
The title text suggests that this would be a rare case in which buying the most popular book would be the best because the people who wrote it obviously know a great deal about marketing. Other job interviews were portrayed in 1088: Five Years, 1094: Interview, 1293: Job Interview and 1545: Strengths and Weaknesses.
- [Two people, Cueball sitting behind a executive desk, looking at some paper, and Black Hat by foot.]
- Cueball: I've heard you're one of the best in marketing business, but I've got your portfolio here and looks like you've never run a major campaign. Why should I hire you to head our new initiative?
- Black Hat: If you don't mind asking, what gave you the idea I was one of the best in the business?
- Cueball: Hm? I don't remember. Just word of mouth or someth-- ...oh, you're good.
- Black Hat: Thank you. When can I start?
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!