Title text: In Connor's second thesis it is stated 'There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.' Does the routine destroy our creativity or do we lose creativity and fall into the routine? Anyway, who's up for a road trip!
| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: |
Please include the reason why this explanation is incomplete, like this:
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
Basically a long-winded way of saying "carpe diem!" Seize the day and make it mean something. Every moment is choice between doing something you will remember forever or wasting another minute, another hour, another day, another year.
Connor's second 'thesis' is a quote from the character Sarah Connor in the film 'Terminator 2'.
- [Friend is standing behind Cueball, who is typing at a computer.]
- Friend: You should be more careful what you write. Future employers might read it.
- Cueball: When did we forget our dreams?
- Friend: What?
- [Cueball stands beside friend.]
- Cueball: The infinite possibilities each day holds should stagger the mind. The sheer number of experiences I could have is uncountable, breathtaking, and I'm sitting here refreshing my inbox. We live trapped in loops, reliving a few days over and over, and we envision only a handful of paths laid out before us. We see the same things every day, we respond the same way, we think the same thoughts, each day a slight variation on the last, every moment smoothly following the gentle curves of societal norms. We act like if we just get through today, tomorrow our dreams will come back to us And no, I don't have all the answers. I don't know how to jolt myself into seeing what each moment could become. But I do know one thing: the solution doesn't involve watering down my every little idea and creative impulse for the sake of some day easing my fit into a mold. It doesn't involve tempering my life to better fit someone's expectations. It doesn't involve constantly holding back for fear of shaking things up.
- Cueball: This is very important, so I want to say it as clearly as I can:
- Cueball: FUCK.
- Cueball: THAT.
- Cueball: SHIT.