146: Join Myspace
Title text: I really shouldn't abuse that power so heavily.
This comic refers to the 1980s TV-comicseries (and Greeting Card subjects) “Care Bears” in which various cuddly bears in rainbow colors go on missions to save the world. The characters' ultimate weapon is the "Care Bear Stare," in which the Bears stand together and radiate light from their respective tummy symbols. These combine to form a ray of love and good cheer which could bring care and joy into the target's heart.
“Myspace” is the social networking site myspace.com. Cueball is convincing Black Hat to create an account at this networking site, but Black Hat doesn't feel to like it. Then, when Black Hat gets annoyed by Cueball's persuasions, he activates his “carebearstare”, thus overthrowing Cueball's request to be friends only.
On a nostalgic note, considering the state of social media in the 2010th, Black Hat is just really good at foreshadowing.
At the title text, Black Hat tries to say sorry, his power was too hard.
- [Cueball is talking to Black Hat.]
- Cueball: Dude, you should get on MySpace.
- Black Hat: Eh, I don't think so.
- Cueball: C'mon. There's no real reason not to except snobbiness. It's the new social scene.
- Black Hat: I know. I'm just not interested.
- Cueball: Please? I'll friend you.
- Black Hat: Carebearstare.
- Cueball: What?
- [Black Hat shoots a rainbow colored ray from his chest - the Care Bear Stare. It throws Cueball to the edge of the panel, pinned to the wall.]