237: Keyboards are Disgusting
|Keyboards are Disgusting|
Title text: Alternate method: convince them to pretend it's an Etch-a-Sketch and try to erase it.
This comic refers to the fact that many keyboards, especially desktop keyboards, gather large amounts of crumbs and are rarely cleaned. In the comic, a person (probably Black Hat) tricks an unassuming character into lifting his keyboard up so that all the crumbs fall down onto his face. By tricking the victim into de-focusing, the prankster ensures that the victim will not notice the crumbs coming out of the keyboard until it is too late, perfecting a quality online prank.
The title text references the toy Etch A Sketch in which you would draw lines using two knobs and shake the Etch A Sketch upside down to clear the screen. If you shook a gross keyboard upside down over you, you would get filth on you as well.
The cleanliness (or lack thereof) of keyboards is mentioned in the title text of 1395: Power Cord.
- [Hairy sits at his computer, chatting with another person.]
- Chat: Wanna see an optical illusion?
- Chat: Hold your keyboard up in front of you and look at the home row.
- [Hairy holds the keyboard in front of him.]
- Chat: Now cross your eyes a little so the 'g' and 'h' overlap.
- Chat: Keeping focus, lift the keyboard over your head.
- [Hairy lifts the keyboard over his head still looking at the keyboard.]
- [Tiny bits of dust and skin particles fall out of the keyboard in Hairy's face.]
- Hairy: Eww!
- Chat: Ha ha
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!