242: The Difference
Title text: How could you choose avoiding a little pain over understanding a magic lightning machine?
In this comic, Cueball is seen pulling a lever. The lever causes a bolt of lightning to come down and strike him. After being dazed for a moment, the comic then takes one of two routes; the first is that of a normal person and the second is that of a scientist. A normal person would decide they shouldn't pull the lever anymore because it causes him to get struck by a bolt of lightning. A scientist on the other hand would pull the lever again to see if it was just a coincidence or if the lever actually caused the bolt of lightning. A scientist requires that results be repeatable before he accepts the results. The title text refers to the scientist's method of pulling the lever again and understanding how the machine works as opposed to the normal person's method of avoiding pain and just leaving the lever be.
- [Cueball pulls a lever.]
- [Lightning hits Cueball.]
- [Cueball still stands, obviously battered]
- [Arrow labeled "Normal Person"]
- Thinks: I guess I shouldn't do that.
- [Arrow labeled "Scientist"]
- Thinks: I wonder if that happens every time.
- [He reaches for the lever again.]