402: 1,000 Miles North
Spoofing off of tornado chasers are these permafrost chasers, who are just like tornado chasers, but they are chasing very boring permafrost. Permafrost is a layer of ground that never thaws, unlike ground south of where it exists, where the ground freezes in winter and thaws in the spring.
Twister was a movie about a crazy group of tornado chasers trying to drop a probe releasing device named Dorothy (based on the real-life project TOTO) into the heart of a tornado. However much of the story was about Bill and his ex, both chasers, falling back in love, another chaser who is fighting Bill for research grants and fame, and a tornado that likes to chase people.
- [Van and truck travel toward mountains.]
- 1,000 miles north of tornado alley
- A new breed of scientists has emerged.
- [Cueball with a laptop, Ponytail with a probe in the ground.]
- Half researchers, half adrenaline junkies
- Ponytail: What's the reading?
- Cueball: 3.9 meters down, gradient's off the charts!
- [Truck driving very fast, man holding a radio up to his head.]
- Risking everything for the thrill of the hunt
- Cueball: The freeze line is shifting! We've never seen anything like it!
- [4 - Barren field, mountains in background, woman holding large video camera up to tiny spot of grass.]
- Permafrost chasers
- Ponytail: I'm getting some great footage here!
- Cueball: Dammit, Harding, it's not worth your neck! Get the hell out of there!
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!