440: Road Rage
Title text: Okay, now just as the loss hits him, slam on the brakes.
Danish decides to fight back, so she turns on her laptop and finds that the car behind them also has a laptop running. Since the cars are so close, the other laptop is well within WiFi range, so she manages to establish a WiFi connection with the laptop in the other car. Then, Danish finds a security hole (in the comic, a "remote exploit"). She uses it to break into the laptop and install a speech synthesizer. This means that the laptop in the car behind just starts saying words at Danish's will.
The driver of the other car is puzzled when he starts hearing a voice. He's completely clueless about where the voice comes from. Also, he's driving alone so he's probably frightened (or nervous at least) to find that someone is speaking inside his car. The fact that the voice says "she'd be alive if it weren't for you" surely won't help him relax.
In the message text, Danish is continuing her revenge, asking Black Hat to slam on the brakes. This means that the car behind will probably rear-end them, since the driver is nervous, puzzled, surprised, distracted looking for the voice's source and driving unsafely close.
- [Black Hat is driving and Danish who seems to be his equal is in the passenger's seat. They are closely followed by some other vehicle.]
- Black Hat: That guy's tailgating me.
- Danish: I'll take a look.
- [A car is shown to be closely behind Black Hat's car.]
- Danish: His laptop's running, probably in the back seat. And... yup, the WiFi autoconnects.
- [Close-up of Danish using a laptop.]
- Danish: Now we just scan for remote exploits... install speech synth... And take a shot in the psychological dark.
- [Cueball's car.]
- Laptop: Hello.
- Cueball: What? Who's there?
- Laptop: She'd be alive if it weren't for you.
- Cueball: ...Oh God.