Title text: This one makes me wince every time I think about it
This comic is a play on a trope whereby couples obnoxiously escalate the claims of how much they love each other. Instead of continuing Cueball's escalation by saying the expected response "I love you more!" Megan stops and agrees with him: he does love her more than she loves him, which is a common, though unfortunate, situation in relationships. Typically, however, the couple never openly admits this painful truth, particularly right in the middle of a fun, loving exchange as Megan does here.
In the title text, Randall expresses his awkwardness or chagrin at the exchange he's portrayed.
- [Cueball and Megan stand facing one another.]
- Cueball: I love you!
- Megan: I love you!
- Cueball: I love you more!
- Megan: Yeah.
- [Cueball and Megan stand facing one another - saying nothing.]
- This is the twenty-first comic originally posted to livejournal. The previous was 21: Kepler. The next was 40: Light.
- This is the last strip drawn on graph paper.