Title text: Don't you know? The chances of a random object being a scone are about one in six.
Cueball and Beret Guy are on a mission, intending to destroy whatever machine they are in. Except that Beret Guy tends to be a bit surreal and brought a bag for holding pastries instead of explosive charges.
This is not the first time he's mistaken a mission for a trip to a bakery; see 434: xkcd Goes to the Airport.
The title text further emphasizes Beret Guy's obsession with bakery goods, by stating that random objects are highly likely to be scones.
- [Beret Guy and Cueball are rappelling down separate ropes into the interior workings of a large machine.]
- Cueball: Okay, we're in the belly of the machine. You got the charges?
- Beret Guy: The what?
- [The two are standing next to some large pieces of machinery.]
- Cueball [gesturing]: The explosive charges!
- Beret Guy [pulling out a bag]: I just brought this bag for pastries.
- Cueball: The hell? We're on a mission here!
- Beret Guy [looking around]: This isn't a bakery?
- Cueball [head in hand]: Oh, Christ, not this shit again.
- Beret Guy [crouching by some lug nuts lying on a piece of machinery]: What about these scones?
- Cueball: Those are lug nuts.
- Beret Guy [stuffing them in his mouth]: ...Maybe SOME of them aren't. crunch Ow! crunch