Title text: Surrounded by boring mysteries.
Cueball then proceeds to clear a window into the device, which shows him that there's a girl inside whose job is to act as the stylus for the Etch-a-Sketch. She suggest that they be friends, and little hearts pop up.
It then becomes clear that this is just a fantasy, and the reality is that the lines get drawn by a stylus moving on a simple arrangement of rods. Sighing, Cueball clears the Etch-a-Sketch by shaking it, and proceeds to draw something else.
The title text notes that the mysteries surrounding us are much more boring than we dream they are.
- [Cueball is playing with an Etch-a-Sketch.]
- Cueball: Hey. If I draw enough lines, I can see what's behind the screen.
- [Close up on the Etch-a-Sketch's screen.]
- Cueball: Oh man, almost...
- Etch-a-Sketch: Hi!
- [Head of Megan appears behind the Etch-a-Sketch screen.]
- Megan: You're cute!
- Cueball: Wha—
- Megan: I'm the one who draws when you turn the knobs. It's lonely in here.
- Cueball: It's lonely out here too.
- Megan: I'm glad you found me, then!
- [Panels start to break away into thought bubbles.]
- Megan: Let's be friends, and never be lonely again.
- [Three hearts are shown, one of which looks like it was drawn with an Etch-a-Sketch.]
- Cueball: *sigh*
- [Etch-a-sketch shows what is behind the glass; it is just the mechanics of the machine.]
- [Cueball shakes etch-a-sketch.]