Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
The solar plexus is a network of interconnecting nerves that is centered in the area of the abdomen near the stomach. A blow to this area is painful and the cause of the feeling called "getting the wind knocked out of you" and is prevalent in media.
The trick "An[incomprehensible mumble]sayswhat" is a juvenile taunt that tricks a person into calling themselves a name.
Black Hat resolves the solar plexus joke with a punch to Cueball in the solar plexus as opposed to a normal punch(line).
The title text mentions truthfully that it hurts to be hit there.
- [Black Hat and Cueball are talking to each other.]
- Black Hat: Asolarplexussayswhat?
- Cueball: What?
- [Beat panel.]
- [Beat panel.]
- [Black Hat punches Cueball in the solar plexus.]
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!
This comic is unique (or, if not unique, certainly uncommon) in the continuity of XKCD in that it relies purely on physical humor of a sort that usually belongs to more lowbrow comics, TV shows or movies. Most of XKCD's humor is based on cleverness, curiosity, social frustrations or quirks, or analysis of our world – comparatively "intellectual" humor. In this comic, none of that is present; instead, the only "joke" centers around Cueball being physically assaulted. Interesting. 188.8.131.52 14:32, 13 September 2013 (UTC)
- Well there is 677 "Green Flash", in which the only "joke" centers around the idea of Black Hat knocking Cueball unconscious so he can steal his car. And I believe there are any number of comics where one of the protagonists is pummeled or otherwise harmed, either on or off panel, with the intent that we laugh at it. I believe there is a continuum of such humor in xkcd, along with all the "intellectual" humor as well. I don't think this one is interesting on that particular basis. 184.108.40.206 01:48, 1 February 2014 (UTC)
- No no, 677 is the one where Beret Guy gets a backhoe and hits Cueball and Megan with the digger. I think you're referring to 766. 0100011101100001011011010110010101011010011011110110111001100101 (talk page) 20:56, 12 February 2014 (UTC)
- I might be a year late, but might I point you in the direction of 1318, 0100011101100001011011010110010101000010011011110110111001100101.
- kentwashere (talk page) 18:56, 21 March 2015 (UTC)
I don't think blackhat is at a loss to finish the joke. Based on his personality, the punchline to the solar plexus joke was literally a punch to the solar plexus. -- Flewk (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)