Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
The early comics sometimes do not present a particular point, but are just pictures drawn by Randall.
- [Girl sleeping on her side, facing away from view.]
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!
- This is the first comic originally posted on livejournal. The next was 4: Landscape (sketch). View archive here.
- Original title: "Girl sleeping"
- Original Randall quote: "I drew this in 11th-grade Spanish class. We were watching a movie and she was asleep on the floor in front of me."
It feels like the first bunch of comics were just Randall dumping the contents of his sketchbook onto his new site. That shirt though. That shirt. Davidy22[talk] 14:08, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
- The incomplete tag is removed by me. Early comics are not on "romance, sarcasm, math, and language", we just have some pictures he did maybe a couple of years before.--Dgbrt (talk) 22:34, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
Kids fall asleep all the time, especially around 11th grade, but extremely few do it on the floor. I haven't really seen that. --Quicksilver (talk) 15:55, 25 August 2013 (UTC)
I wonder if the subject ever saw this? It was clearly a pretty-enough girl to motivate Randall to draw this, and I can imagine him being too shy to approach her but he drew this sketch and posted it where millions can see it. Potential romantic comedy plotline here. --Cser