Dr. Ian Malcolm: Dr. Sattler, Dr. Grant, you've heard of chaos theory? No? Non-linear equations? Strange attractions? Dr. Sattler, I refuse to believe that you aren't familiar with the concept of attraction. 188.8.131.52 05:09, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
- Dr. Ian Malcolm: See, here I'm now sitting by myself, uh, er, talking to myself. That's, that's chaos theory.  184.108.40.206 05:12, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the quotes -- they really helped with writing the explanation! 220.127.116.11 06:07, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
Why write 'third sequel' instead of 'fourth film'? It's quite confusing as I initially misread it to be the third instalment instead of sequel. 18.104.22.168 06:43, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
- No particular reason. I've changed it.22.214.171.124 06:51, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
Reference URL for the remix cited in title text... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zXr9GLa0Jo126.96.36.199 06:44, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
Top-left in the in-comic diagram(s) appears to be a 'fern', another fractal construct which may also be an incidental reference to the native flora of the Jurassic (and non-Jurassic) eras of the dinosaurs. 188.8.131.52 08:49, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
"phase space, nonlinear equations, and strange attractors" is not a quote from the movie. The script contains:
- Dr. Grant, Dr. Sattler -- you've heard of Chaos Theory?
- (shaking her head)
- No? Non-linear equations? Strange attractions?
- (again, she shrugs)
- Dr. Sattler, I refuse to believe that you are not familiar with the concept of attraction!
The book mentions all three terms, but not in order. Condor70 (talk)
It is from the book. The chapters are labeled iteration 1, 2, 3 etc... 184.108.40.206 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
Can the most recent editor finish their sentence? 220.127.116.11 20:22, 7 February 2019 (UTC)