Title text: If you live in the Northern hemisphere, anyway. In the southern hemisphere, due to the coriolis effect, babies are born nine months BEFORE they're conceived.
| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: Page is a stub|
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
However, because the 12 category (zodiac signs) in horoscopes are based on birthday dates, Randall can do some informed guess about the context of someone's conception (i.e., what was happening nine months before they were born), depending on the sign. For example, Virgos are born mostly in September, so they were conceived shortly after Christmas, leading to the guess "You may have been conceived while a Christmas song played". So Randall's "predictions" are possible, if not useful. Contrary to popular horoscope, there is an actual reason horoscope for Virgo is true only for Virgo and so on.
The title text refers to the Coriolis effect which occurs to a body that is moving on an object that is spinning. Since the Earth is rotating this leads to the fact that something that is moving on Earth feels a force (the Coriolis force) which causes the moving object to be deflected to the right in the northern hemisphere and to the left in the southern hemisphere. This effect is the reason that weather systems (most clearly seen for hurricanes) rotates in one direction in the northern hemisphere and in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere. But it can also be experiences on much smaller scales where Humans can feel the force. for instance if you try to walk on a spinning carousel. Since the human body can't adjust for such subtle changes, it often gives the illusion of motion and could cause motion sickness. Randall uses this confusing fictitious force to tell about a very funny (but completely wrong) analogy involving reversing the flow of time. So where babies are born nine months after conception in the northern hemisphere (clockwise) the Coriolis effect is the reason why babies are being born nine months before in the southern hemisphere (counterclockwise).
Table of Astrological sign
Here below is a table with data and explanation of the individual horoscopes:
|Astrological sign||English name||Date range||9 months before||Horoscope prediction||Explanation|
|Aquarius||The Water Bearer|
- [Above the frame:]
- With an actual basis in fact
- [A type of table with the name of each astrological sign written in light gray as are the bullet after the name. The text after the bullet is written in normal font and in two lines above and below the bullet.]
- Aries • You may have been conceived after a 4th of July fireworks show
- Taurus • You may have been conceived on a hot August day
- Gemini • You may have been conceived as the leaves began to change
- Cancer • You may have been conceived by people trying on constumes
- Leo • You may have been conceived during thanksgiving
- Virgo • You may have been conceived while a Christmas song played
- Libra • You may have been conceived after a new year's eve party
- Scorpio • You may have been conceived by people stuck inside after a long winter
- Sagittarius • You may have been conceived during March maddness
- Capricorn • You may have been conceived during a sexy Easter Egg hunt
- Aquarius • You may have been conceived on Mother's day
- Pisces • You may have been conceived at someone's wedding
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!