1947: Night Sky
Title text: There's a mountain lion nearby, but it didn't notice you because it's reading Facebook.
| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: Created by an OVERSIZED HOUSECAT - Please change this comment when editing this page. Do NOT delete this tag too soon.|
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
In this comic, Cueball and Megan are going out for a nighttime walk, to "unplug" and get away from technology, to ask the "big questions." The questions they ask, however, are not grandiose but instead are increasingly immediate to their current situation. In fact they might have much preferred a walk with technology. Carrying a phone would help them with locating themselves using GPS and seeing where they are going using the phone flashlight, thus making them feel safer. They also fear mountain lion attacks, and a phone could also be used to call for medical help if they were injured, or in many other emergencies.
The title text claims that technology is so omnipresent that even the threatening mountain lion has a Facebook account and ready internet access. Alternatively one of them might be teasing the other.
The reference to mountain lions might be related to the declaration that Eastern Cougars were just officially declared extinct the day before this comic was published.
- [Cueball and Megan are walking under the night sky.]
- Megan: The internet is so overwhelming for me these days. It feels like everyone I know is yelling all the time.
- [Frame is zoomed out. Stars are visible in the sky.]
- Megan: That's why it's so nice to unplug. Leave the phones at home, go for a walk, and look up at the stars.
- Megan: It helps you focus on what really matters.
- [Frame is zoomed in again.]
- Cueball: Like "Where the hell are we?"
- Megan: And "Why did I leave my phone at home? It has my map and flashlight."
- Cueball: "Are there mountain lions around here? Did you hear a twig break?"
- Megan: Yeah, the big questions!
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!