Please maintain your distance in these comments. No comments within 6 vertical inches of other comments, please. And any in-comment sneezing or coughing will result in your account being banned for a period of 3 weeks. -boB Achoo! Bischoff (talk) 21:09, 13 March 2020 (UTC)
- I used a large projection screen & zoomed in to post this comment, so my comment appears 8" separated from yours. (Your argument is invalid.)
- ProphetZarquon (talk) 12:08, 16 March 2020 (UTC)
What is this "inch" of which you speak? I, for one, actually stay 2 meters away from any time-travel-caused disturbance in the space-time continuum.Cellocgw (talk) 15:24, 16 March 2020 (UTC)
If the above information was new to you, please take this concise pamphlet. 22.214.171.124 23:17, 13 March 2020 (UTC)
Maybe we should add a section on what holo-banshees are? That could be useful. 126.96.36.199 01:51, 14 March 2020 (UTC)
- Since Holo-banshees are something Randall made up, that could be difficult. LOL! All we have is the name, and that's already explained. Though since the explanation talks about how this wouldn't make sense if they're present in EVERY household I'm somewhat inclined to add "therefore this is probably only a common problem, like rats, ants or cockroaches today." :) NiceGuy1 (talk) 05:09, 14 March 2020 (UTC)
- Well, it says " often " there are holo-banshees. Not always or nearly. Banshees are female Irish vocalists who predict a death in the household, so I will assume that The Corrs joined the current mini-trend for touring your music act as a " hologram " and it got out of hand in some way. Robert Carnegie [email protected] 188.8.131.52 11:00, 14 March 2020 (UTC)
- I think they're like asbestos. Perhaps at one time considered a good idea (insulating/advanced indications of life-threatening household situations) but later on discovered to have unwanted properties forcing complicated handling procedures to make them safe. In the one case, the shedding of fine carcinogenic dust, in the other perhaps the 'holo' emits excessive intensities of certain wavelengths of light that are directly or indirectly an environmental biohazard. Sealing in situ may be the optimal situation. If, say, the non-corporeal (i.e. unmovable) holo-banshee must be sealed within an asbestos container, which must itself be safely coated then that would easily provoke the scenario hinted at. 184.108.40.206 15:32, 14 March 2020 (UTC)
- Fun fact: Fiberglass & other silica-based fiber insulation materials do not dissolve in the lungs & continue inflicting severe tissue damage even longer than asbestos does, the scar tissue from which is a major cause of emphysema & risk factor in lung cancer. (Not that asbestos is OK, mind you...) We've replaced an evil we knew with one we knew (at the time) much less about. Much like "PBA-free" plastic... So really unless your home\school\workplace\brake-pad is insulated with wool, try real hard to avoid breathing those fibers no matter what they are.
- ProphetZarquon (talk) 12:26, 16 March 2020 (UTC)
- I find the entire section about Holo-banshees ridiculously off-topic. It doesn't add anything to understanding the comic and should probably be removed. umläute 220.127.116.11 21:43, 15 March 2020 (UTC)
- You say that now. But what about in a few comics time, when there may arise a clear and urgent need for an entire Category:Holo-banshees, eh? (Srsly, it's a potential "what's that about, then?" question by those who think they are missing a reference. Even if the answer we have to give is "apparently nothing".) 18.104.22.168 22:50, 15 March 2020 (UTC)
Re: houses being sold for a dollar, wasn't that the going price for some houses in Detroit? --22.214.171.124 19:46, 16 March 2020 (UTC)
Shouldn't it be COVID-19 syndrome caused by SARS-CoV-2 infection instead of the other way around?
The whole houses and holo-banshee thing seems relevant to how the price for oil recently went negative for a bit: as the buyer assumes responsibility for storing all that oil, and no financial traders want to have to physically do that (especially when trading thousands of barrels of the stuff!) PotatoGod (talk) 02:24, 5 May 2020 (UTC)