2548: Awful People
Title text: Hm, this burger place has a couple of good reviews, but LakeSlayer7 says he got food poisoning there and everyone should try this other place down by the lake instead.
| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: Created by a NORMAL PEER (DEFINITELY, TRUST ME, I PROMISE) - Please change this comment when editing this page. Do NOT try that other place down by the lake.|
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
Megan and Cueball are having a conversation about social media. Megan relates a negative comment she got from a stranger about her taste in movies. The twist is that it turns out the person criticizing her was a murderer. Although this does not inherently negate his taste in movies, it does free Megan from the burden of weighing his opinions equally to her own.
The title-text mentions the “Lake Slayer,” who is referenced in the comic. They mention that a burger joint in town is unsatisfactory, and that the reader should come to a place “by the lake” instead, which might be a plot to lure people in to be killed.
|This transcript is incomplete. Please help editing it! Thanks.|
- [Cueball and Megan walking to the right]
- Cueball: The Internet makes it easy to be a jerk and forget the person we're talking to is a human.
- Megan: Yeah...
- Megan: But it also makes us see messages from awful people and assume they come from normal peers.
- [Closeup on Megan. Above Megan is a picture of a "reply" post from a man with sunglasses. The post has a title above it.]
- Megan: Recently I got a mean reply from a stranger. It was minor but it really got to me.
- Post title: Replies to "Favorite Movie"
- Post: Every group has one person who likes that movie, and it's the friend they all secretly hate.
- [Blondie as a news anchor behind a desk. There is a picture of the man with sunglasses with "Arrested" under his name. His picture is next to a picture of a house with "Breaking" above it.
- Megan: Then the next week I saw that guy on the news. He was an actual murderer!
- [Megan and Cueball standing next to each other]
- Megan: I can't believe I spent a week stressed out that my taste in movies wasn't shared by the East Valley Strangler.
- Cueball: Yeah, at least wait for a second opinion from the Lake Slayer.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!