Title text: And they both react poorly to showers.
This comic is a reference to the wildly funny video of two Cleverbots talking to each other. By recording and analysing whatever humans type into its input, they can sound pretty human to whoever is reading their response.
Randall calls it "clumsy sampling", but I think they're smarter than that. Nevertheless, they are still very far from sounding like humans and holding normal conversations.
Burning Man is a week long event held yearly in Nevada. Participants do all sorts of random stuff. Apparently they can play chess and drive cars in deserts, but not hold a proper conversation.
And of course Cleverbot reacts badly in showers because if you do try to shower Cleverbot, you end up with and explosion and find out you just set fire to your computer.
- [A person with shoulder length hair sits on a wheeled computer chair at a desk. A laptop computer is on the desk playing some sort of media with audio. The person is facing away from the computer addressing someone off panel.]
- Person: Did you see the Cleverbot-Cleverbot chat?
- Computer: I am not a robot. I'm a unicorn.
- [The first person has wheeled away from the desk and is now seating in front of the second person.]
- Person 2: Yeah. It's hilarious, but it's just clumsily sampling a huge database of lines people have typed. Chatterbots still have a long way to go.
- [The panel shows a close-up of the first persons head and shoulders. They have a hand to their chin and appear to be contemplating the last remark.]
- Person 1: So... Computers have mastered playing chess and driving cars across the desert, but can't hold five minutes of normal conversation?
- Person 2 (off-screen): Pretty much.
- [The panel shows a wide view of both people again.]
- Person 1: Is it just me, or have we created a Burning Man attendee?
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!