- May the horse be with you Luke.
- The horse is strong with this one.
- I felt a tremor in the horse.
Why did he forget SW. That is not like Randall ;) Kynde (talk) 08:50, 8 September 2014 (UTC)
- I gotta think maybe Randall's making a subtle statement that Star Wars just ain't so relevant these days... KieferSkunk (talk) 21:50, 15 September 2014 (UTC)
- They are all news headlines 18.104.22.168 17:54, 5 June 2016 (UTC)
- Yeah, I'm surprised that the mouseover-text wasn't "Use the horse, Luke." or something. 22.214.171.124 14:05, 4 May 2017 (UTC)
Following up on the title text... "Why was he suspended?" "Due to allegations of excessive horse."
126.96.36.199 09:01, 8 September 2014 (UTC) Siuntio
So I linked it to the old substitutions page - gjgfuj 188.8.131.52 10:05, 8 September 2014 (UTC)
Like the "Clouds-to-butts" plugin for Chrome. 184.108.40.206 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
- More information in Reddit . 220.127.116.11 14:16, 8 September 2014 (UTC)
I added a modified version of Cloud-to-Butt plugin to my dropbox. All credit for coding/programming goes to Steven Frank, its creator - I just unpacked the XPI file, added the Force->Horse and force->horse text replacement (while of course still keeping "the cloud" going to "my butt" because that is awesome) and then repacked it. You can install it in Firefox like any other .XPI file. Enjoy! 18.104.22.168 16:19, 17 October 2014 (UTC)
- I edited your comment. I suppose you meant "Force->Horse" but it was written "Horse->Horse", probably as a consequence of the plugin in action. 22.214.171.124 05:21, 25 November 2015 (UTC)
Would it be funny the other way?
- The force population has been in decline sine the industrial revolution
- Rules of polo: You need a force.
- People do not like it when there is force in their beef.
I do ;) —Artyer (talk) 18:33, 8 September 2014 (UTC)
- +1 for the reference to a certain beef production incident in europe 126.96.36.199 17:56, 5 June 2016 (UTC)
Correctforcebatterystaple 188.8.131.52 22:18, 8 September 2014 (UTC)
I originally (earlier today) read it as "Iraqi Air [FH]orse growling"... Which made less sense than I'd have expected, but I couldn't unread it until just now. Still surreal, but at least not outright Dada184.108.40.206 00:21, 9 September 2014 (UTC)
"A police horse is a constituted body of persons empowered by the state to enhorse the law, protect property, and limit civil disorder. (...) Law enhorsement, however, constitutes only part of policing activity." --220.127.116.11 07:21, 9 September 2014 (UTC)
maybe the officer suspended from horse was a reference to the police officer who shot a black person? 18.104.22.168 07:39, 9 September 2014 (UTC)
Aqua teen hunger horse. 22.214.171.124 00:54, 10 September 2014 (UTC)
I had previously posted a grumpy comment here (now removed) --Pudder (talk) 07:38, 11 September 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry, but that's totally wrong. The discussion section is meant to replace what used to be the old blog's comments section, and is for any discussion relevant to the comic. If you're new here, there's a section on the main page titled "New Here?" which explains the basics of explainxkcd, and it's worth checking out. It also lists the handful of rules we have, including the fact that the discussion page is for talking about the comic. Az (talk) 06:59, 11 September 2014 (UTC)
Explanation Quarks: Sorry, could not resist... Tier666 (talk) 11:39, 10 September 2014 (UTC)
How about the portion of the Police Horse who are on forceback? 126.96.36.199 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
Last time XKCD featured one of these text replacements, people started posting scripts for implementing the text replacement automatically in browsers. I'm surprised this hasn't happened yet. Diszy (talk) 22:03, 11 September 2014 (UTC)
- A few comments back... 188.8.131.52 05:21, 25 November 2015 (UTC)
http://bitcoinshell.mooo.com/users/noiob/dev/horse.user.js Here you go. 184.108.40.206 16:26, 13 September 2014 (UTC)
Interestingly, a sound change from an initial /f/ to /h/ happened in the evolution of Spanish. Examples: fornax --> horno, ferrum --> hierro, factus --> hecho. Of course, all h's subsequently went silent. 220.127.116.11 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
Cueball is using a desktop computer. Perhaps this will be the last desktop in xkcd? In the last 8 months its been all laptops. 18.104.22.168 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
That first one certainly hits differently now. --22.214.171.124 21:40, 5 May 2022 (UTC)
- Only by some order of magnitude or so. Without looking up the exact dates, the comic was likely topically soon after the initial Crimea-grab and initiation of the 'hot' Donbas internal conflict with the 'rebels'. Including a somewhat more covert presence of actual Russians, back then, but only to 'deniable' levels, and even then not convincingly so to anybody who cared.
- Maybe it makes it less funny, now, or should have been considered less funny then, but I'm not sure this makes it so that it is/was bad-humour. Doesn't change the reality, for better or worse, though.
- Future readers may be more shocked, or more bemused, of course. I can only wave to The Future (hiya!) and hope they properly understand our current and prior perspectives. 126.96.36.199 23:21, 5 May 2022 (UTC)