Talk:2104: Biff Tannen
I thought Biff jumped from 2015 to 1955, not 1985...? Young Biff had the Almanac in his pocket at the High School dance and the tower he built was already in place in 1985.
Collusion with a time traveler would bring a few things into focus. 184.108.40.206 15:24, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
- You inspire one house painter to change careers & suddenly everyone blames you for everything.
- ProphetZarquon (talk) 16:23, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
Do we keep the “cheat at sports betting” wording? I don’t know if this is cheating. 220.127.116.11 17:22, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
- Cheating is generally heald to be using something unavailable to anyone else in the normal course of play to gain an advantage. I'd say using the almanac towards those ends definitely applies. Mjm87 (talk) 19:07, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
If anyone questions the fact that newspapers in real life did attempt to assert that the rise of Trump was inevitable, various newspaper articles may easily be found as proof with a Google Search for [Donald Trump inevitable], preferably restricted to results before 2017, so as to remove results about things he did later. I don't know how best to incorporate such results as a source in the article, as the number of citations could easily be made too big, and also I don't know if anyone cares. 18.104.22.168 17:30, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
I am from Europe, and I do not understand the issue. If event X happens while you predicted Y, isn't researching and hypothising a good way to find out why, possibly learning new things in the process? Saying you don't want to debate the issue is like hating politics. 22.214.171.124 18:27, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
- Many people who understand politics hate it. On behalf of my fellow continenteans, I apologize for 126.96.36.199, who apparently believes that politics overlaps with political science. 188.8.131.52 18:51, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
- Note that Hillbilly Elegy could not have been intended to explain the Trump election, having been written before it. However, it was interpreted this way. I have attempted to make this clear in the explanation.184.108.40.206 18:53, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
If I'm not mistaken, Biff is based off of Donald Trump, so the Donald Trump analogy may be more likely than not. I can't quite recall where I read this, but there are quite a few similarities between the two.