Earth : Terrible storyline, feel depressed afterward. Controls buggy.
- My advice would be to look at different storylines. 126.96.36.199 14:24, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- There's more than one? I wish I knew what the storyline was even supposed to be; it's not like the minigames where if you ask enough NPCs you can find one to clue you in on what to do next. --188.8.131.52 10:29, 22 August 2019 (UTC)
- It is in our power to choose fear, frustration, and despair or the alternative story line of love, joy, and freedom. Rtanenbaum (talk) 15:06, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
New servers opening soon! 184.108.40.206 13:42, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- "Huge World" would imply that the game type is first or third person, with the player taking control of a character in that world. In this sense, I think it's appropriate for the controls to be in reference to movement of the character. If the game type were management or simulation, I think you would be correct. Cgrimes85 (talk) 14:03, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- "Huge World" so much to explore, could take more than a lifetime. Very few ever reach master level but general satisfaction is possible for every serious player, and the game Creator is accessible at any time. Rtanenbaum (talk) 15:06, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- Game creator accessible? Seriously? When was the last time he fixed some bug? -- Hkmaly (talk) 23:39, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- The Earth is abandonware...
Perhaps this is a reference to the recent Public Policy Polling survey http://publicpolicypollling.blogspot.com/2011/07/evaluating-god.html whcih asked people about God's job performance. God received his highest rating on his "handling of creating the universe" with 71% in favor of the universe and 5% opposed.
- correct link is http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/07/evaluating-god.html (but it’s a rather boring 8 year old fluff piece, I very much doubt that Randall was even aware of its existence) 220.127.116.11 01:55, 22 August 2019 (UTC)
Dan Loeb [email protected], 11:50, 21 August 2019 (ET)
"gun violence, sexual violence, poverty", etc, are really human's problems rather than Earth's problems.
- It really depends on your point of view. If you consider Earth as just a rock flying through space global warming isn't really an issue either. Bischoff (talk) 16:26, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
To be honest I think this comic is a bit lazy for xkcd standards. The whole joke of "I went outside today, the graphics are amazing but controls suck" is years old and was never really good in my opinion. I've seen several comics where Randal reused old jokes and put a clever spin on them or extended them in a new fashion that I'm disappointed Randall essentially copy&pasted this one. Bischoff (talk) 16:26, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- Personally, I was hoping for something on the announcement of KSP 2 :P
I'm reminded of this comic by the SMBC guy (better known as Emergency Backup Randall Munroe) which features a hypothetical site which can host such a review, and also two Black Hats. Some folks also made a subreddit that actually implements the idea. --18.104.22.168 18:03, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
Multiplayer sucks. Needs to have a single-player mode. [unsigned]
Is this serious: "Earth is a completely real object"? I never thought this could be fake news. :-)