About the Chinese post in Lorenz: The link that was given leads to a different chinese phrase in the panel (when Hairy says "Why not Haiku"? and Megan says "有话不话. 怎么来徘句?" rather than the 5-7-5 pattern currently written.) So, I'm a bit confused...Qwerty Dvorak (talk) 10:59, 6 April 2018 (UTC)
- Click the back button on the last panel, and it will take you to the second to last panel. Then the different choices will appear. I think. It worked for me. At least, the 5-7-5 pattern showed up in the choices. Herobrine (talk) 02:51, 7 April 2018 (UTC)
Noticed you as the weeks top contributor, kudos. Have been there my self a lot but not so much lately. Clicked onto your page and found it amusing that we list the same order of reading What if and then xkcd - loving Black Hat, and also have a list of favorites where I have spotted several on both lists ;-) so just saying hey and welcome to explain xkcd, and nice to read your are working on the "stubs" explanations.
PS: Actually we only have 3 favorites in common,but I haven't listed all my favorites, and also love Lorenz, 1000, Click and Drag and Time for instance. Have worked a lot on the explanation of the first two. --Kynde (talk) 12:58, 12 April 2018 (UTC)
Thanks Kynde, let me know if there is anything else I can do to help improve this wiki. I'm a big fan of xkcd and I'm happy that I can help explain some parts of it. Herobrine (talk) 05:07, 13 April 2018 (UTC)
- Great, sorry I'm not that much on the page, except recently, and never returned to see your replu until now. --Kynde (talk) 18:51, 1 September 2019 (UTC)
Template "Citation needed"
It's not funny when each comic contains this template, and it just links to an eleven years old comic. Furthermore in most cases it doesn't explain anything.--Dgbrt (talk) 13:54, 15 April 2018 (UTC)
- Just looked at some of my edits and realized that I use that template a little too often... Thanks for the reminder Dgbrt, I'll try to avoid that in the future. Herobrine (talk) 09:40, 16 April 2018 (UTC)
Talk pages of IPs
It's useless to add content to an anonymous user's talk page. The IP is dynamic and does not belong to the user, but even it would be distinct the anonymous user wouldn't get a notification about a talk page change. Furthermore please be polite, claiming someone is acting like a troll is also trolling. Mainly for the first reason I've deleted that talk page. --Dgbrt (talk) 18:32, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
Ok, I now know that they won't get a notification, so I won't be adding content on IPs' talk pages. But I think I have to disagree with you on the trolling part, looking at his/her contributions page made it clear that he/she was posting misguided hate rants and altering others' comments to display swear words or racism. A troll is "a person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post", and that's what said IP was doing. Herobrine (talk) 23:09, 14 September 2018 (UTC)
- Please consider that the IP is dynamic from a proxy and doesn't belong to the user. This means: Same IP but different users.
- About trolling: I haven't seen that much recently but when that happens it's easy to revert a single edit. And when it goes further to which we call vandalism it doesn't make much sense to talk to them because they ignore it. If there is really a persisting problem you should mention it here: Admin requests. A page can be protected against unregistered users or even more. --Dgbrt (talk) 13:53, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
Dgbrt BOT failed
- It failed again today with the interactive comic 2198. I just tried to create it, but so far the buttons do not work from the 2197 comic. And it will not display on the front page. Maybe it takes some time? Can you see if I did something different than you did? --Kynde (talk) 08:00, 3 September 2019 (UTC)
- Sorry for the late reply, was busy dealing with other stuff for the past two days. I think you forgot to update Template:LATESTCOMIC, so it would treat comic 2198 as 2197, hence breaking the button. Herobrine (talk) 22:49, 3 September 2019 (UTC)