129: Content Protection
explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
Title text: If you think the purveyors of DRM simply want to protect artists, check out chapters 13 and 14 in Free Culture, by Lawrence Lessig. Their goal is the elimination of all culture they don't control.
|This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect. If you see a way to improve it, edit it! Thanks.|
- Content Protection System:
- [Megan sits on a couch watching a large flat-panel television, connected to a box labeled HDMI.
- The screen is labeled with "Approved screen"
- The cable is labeled with "Approved connection"
- The HDMI box is labeled with "Approved player"
- Megan's head is labeled with "Approved content".]