Title text: IT'S ALL REAL!
Canada is the country north of the USA. During political seasons, it's often claimed by partisan voters that if their side loses, they'll move. For Americans, this often comes to claims of moving to Canada.
The punchline references the tagline "If you die in the game, you die in real life," from the 2006 horror movie Stay Alive (released a few months before this comic), where people die in real life soon after their characters are killed in a certain video game. The irony here is that, since Canada is arguably part of reality already, Cueball's friend is just really bad at thinking through his plans.
Seriously, though. People like that are never actually going to move to Canada, so he's in little danger.
- [Two men stand talking to each other.]
- Cueball: If we lose this election, I'm moving to Canada.
- Friend: You say that every year.
- Cueball: I mean it this time.
- Friend: Well, becoming a citizen takes work. Meanwhile, you have no money, half an art degree, and it's the start of winter. You'll freeze to death in the streets.
- Cueball: Whatever.
- [Friend raises his hands.]
- Friend: No, don't you get it? If you die in Canada, you die in REAL LIFE!