Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
Title text: Dot Tumblr Dot Com, on the other hand, would be an awful name for a band, if only because of how hard it would be to direct people to your band's website.
Tumblr is a microblogging service, which has become a home for lots of animated gifs and other internet memes, as well as other assorted novelties.
The phrase that Cueball used to use when he heard a random phrase was "would be a good name for a band." With the advent of Tumblr, his go-to response has shifted because of the proliferation of Tumblr blogs with strange names.
Raccoon Sex Dungeon is an actual Tumblr page. See trivia below.
In the title text he muses on the fact that Dot Tumblr Dot Com would be an awful band name. There could be several reasons for this, but he mentions that it would be hard to direct fans to the band's website. As an example, someone who hears "www.thedottumblrdotcom.com" might instead write it out as "www.the.tumblr.com.com" since '.' is often pronounced as "dot."
- Megan: You know those weird noises coming from my attic? Turns out some raccoons got in and were operating this, like, raccoon sex dungeon.
- Cueball: ...dot tumblr dot com.
- Punchline: For me, "...Dot tumblr dot com" has been gradually replacing "...would be a good name for a band."
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!
To me this is a lesson that without romance in our lives, our love may as well degrade to sex in a dungeon. Perhaps it's a sign that there is not enough bands singing about romance these days, just tits, ass and more tits and ass. - e-inspired 126.96.36.199 15:32, 27 February 2013 (UTC)
- ...dot Tumbler dot com. 188.8.131.52 08:52, 9 April 2013 (UTC)
I have no idea why, but for some reason, the comic image is blocked by AdBlock as an ad. (Fix please? :( )184.108.40.206 22:25, 29 January 2014 (UTC)
- I believe it's trying to be clever and match the image as a slightly modified 240x400 vertical rectangle ad. We can't change anything about the image on our end without compromising accuracy, but whitelisting us in Adblock should solve the problem. Alternately, there might be settings in Adblock to make it less paranoid about what classifies as an ad that you could tweak. Davidy²²[talk] 22:38, 29 January 2014 (UTC)
- I found what was wrong, for anyone else who has this problem. The filter called "Fanboy's annoyances" was classifying this comic as an advertisement, so if anyone else has this problem, just turn off that filter in the Adblock settings. 220.127.116.11 20:57, 11 February 2014 (UTC)
Ha ha It bit off his penis has got to rank with he fell in the water for funny. I used Google News BEFORE it was clickbait
) 23:20, 21 January 2015 (UTC)