Talk:xkcd Header text
Currently to me the header text is in German (as I live in Germany):
- Triff Randall Munroe in Berlin am 15. Oktober 2019!
- Hier die deutsche Ausgabe vorbestellen!
(Meet Randall Munroe in Berlin on 15th of October 2019! Preorder the german version here) where "Hier" (here) is a link. 4 odd things I noticed about this:
- It mentions the German version, but not the German verison of what. The book isn't even mentioned.
- When I (re)load the page, for a moment I get the image about winning a stick-figure-sketch of myself.
- XKCD does not use means like other pages (e.g. 713: GeoIP to identify my language. As I am using a swedish VPN, I usually get advertisements in swedish (and redirections to swedish homepages, etc.). Maybe it is my browser settings which are set to German. Can someone identify the method used?
- The link leads to "https://www.xkcd.com/%22https://www.randomhouse.de/Buch/HOW-TO-Wie-man-s-hinkriegt/Randall-Munroe/Penguin/e547637.rhd?utm_source=autorenblog&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=how_to\%22" - a 404 page. (getting rid of the part before the 2nd https gets you to the page of the german publisher.