7: Girl sleeping (Sketch -- 11th grade Spanish class)
|Girl sleeping (Sketch -- 11th grade Spanish class)|
Title text: I don't remember her name at all, but she fell asleep on the floor in front of me.
This comic does not present a particular point; it is just a picture drawn by Randall. It is just what the title says - a sketch of a girl sleeping drawn during a Spanish class.
According to the title text, she is also on the floor.
- [Girl sleeping on her side, facing away from view.]
- This was the 1st comic originally posted to LiveJournal.
- The next was 4: Landscape (sketch).
- Original title: "Girl sleeping"
- Original Randall quote: "I drew this in 11th-grade Spanish class. We were watching a movie and she was asleep on the floor in front of me."
- This was one of the thirteen first comics posted to LiveJournal within 12 minutes on Friday September 30, 2005.
- This comic was posted on xkcd when the web site opened on Sunday the 1st of January 2006.
- It was posted along with all 41 comics posted before that on LiveJournal as well as a few others.
- The latter explaining why the numbers of these 41 LiveJournal comics ranges from 1-44.
- One of the original drawings drawn on checkered paper.
- The drawing returns in 1506: xkcloud as one of the Help! We lost the text given images.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!
It feels like the first bunch of comics were just Randall dumping the contents of his sketchbook onto his new site. That shirt though. That shirt. Davidy22[talk] 14:08, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
- The incomplete tag is removed by me. Early comics are not on "romance, sarcasm, math, and language", we just have some pictures he did maybe a couple of years before.--Dgbrt (talk) 22:34, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
Kids fall asleep all the time, especially around 11th grade, but extremely few do it on the floor. I haven't really seen that. --Quicksilver (talk) 15:55, 25 August 2013 (UTC)
I wonder if the subject ever saw this? It was clearly a pretty-enough girl to motivate Randall to draw this, and I can imagine him being too shy to approach her but he drew this sketch and posted it where millions can see it. Potential romantic comedy plotline here. --Cser
I thought this is a spoof of Spanish artists who famously sketched girls in natural position. For example, Goya's "The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters," showing a sleeping woman/girl without showing her face. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sleep_of_Reason_Produces_Monsters Mountain Hikes (talk) 22:56, 22 August 2015 (UTC)
I feel bad for Randal, if he actually had a crush on this girl. I actually like to know if Randal is still in contact with this girl, but I would have to guess might be something that he would like to keep to himself, rather than telling the Internet. --Swaphero 188.8.131.52 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
- I think that if he had had a crush on her when he drew this, he would at least remember her name? 184.108.40.206 01:41, 4 May 2017 (UTC)
I think the title was supposed to mean "I drew this in 11th grade Spanish to English class." Nightwish8 09:23, 15 September 2017 (UTC) Please sign talk submissions with ~~~~.