950: Mystery Solved
Title text: The Roanoke Lost Colonists founded Roanoke, the Franklin Expedition reached the Pacific in 2009 when the Northwest Passage opened, and Jimmy Hoffa currently heads the Teamsters Union--he just started going by 'James'.
In this comic, Amelia Earhardt's plane comes back to land after it went missing in 1937. Earhardt was presumed dead and that her plane went down sometime during her journey. But, this comic supposes what if instead it just took her from 1937-2011 to fly around the Earth without really aging a day.
The image text proposed a few more solutions to mysteries including the lost colonists of Roanoke, who were one of the first groups to come to America, but suddenly disappeared, leaving their colony untouched. The Franklin Expedition was a British voyage in 1845 to study the Northwest passage that also disappeared somewhere in northern Canada. Jimmy Hoffa was the famous Teamsters Union leader who went missing in 1975 and is presumed dead (and possibly murdered).
- [A twin prop airplane flies high overhead.]
- Off-screen person: What's that airplane?
- [The plane lands, a pilot steps out and waves to the crowd.]
- Off-screen person: Holy crap - Is that Amelia Earhart?
- [The frame shows a close up of Amelia Earhart.]
- Amelia: Hey everyone! My flight was a success!
- Off-screen person: But... Where were you?
- [The frame shows a wide view of Amelia again, she stops waving.]
- Amelia: I flew around the world!
- Off-screen person: But you disappeared in 1937!
- Amelia: Right, to fly around the world.
- Off-screen person: It's 2011!
- Amelia: The world is big. It's a long flight.
- Off-Screen person: But you...
- Off-Screen person: It's not...
- Off-Screen person: I-
- Amelia: Can I talk to someone smarter?
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!