Talk:2403: Wrapping Paper
Merry Christmas -- bubblegum (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
I was reminded of the old http://bjornsmaths.blogspot.com/2005/11/how-to-catch-lion-in-sahara-desert.html
The method of inverse geometry: We place a spherical cage in the desert and enter it. We then perform an inverse operation with respect to the cage. The lion is then inside the cage and we are outside.
Bmwiedemann (talk) 02:41, 26 December 2020 (UTC)
- An engineer, a physicist, and a mathematician are shown a pasture with a herd of sheep, and told to put them inside the smallest possible amount of fence.
- The engineer is first. He herds the sheep into a circle and then puts the fence around them, declaring, "A circle will use the least fence for a given area, so this is the best solution."
- The physicist is next. He creates a circular fence of infinite radius around the sheep, and then draws the fence tight around the herd, declaring, "This will give the smallest circular fence around the herd."
- The mathematician is last. After giving the problem a little thought, he puts a small fence around himself and then declares, "I define myself to be on the outside."
- (for example here) -- Hkmaly (talk) 05:05, 26 December 2020 (UTC)
Note: In some countries, presents are opened already on Christmas Eve. Svízel přítula (talk) 08:04, 26 December 2020 (UTC)
Sorry but this immediately brings Jevil (Deltarune) to mind. 22.214.171.124 09:17, 27 December 2020 (UTC)
Maybe we could make Klein bottle-shaped wrapping paper, it can: (1) let everything in the universe be the gift, including what is inside (well, I know it's unreasonable to say something is “inside” a Klein bottle) the gift box; (2) reduce the cost of printing to zero. Lamda05 (talk) 05:35, 28 December 2020 (UTC)
"Wow, rude of you to regift literally every gift that you or anyone else has ever received." - except, perhaps, the headphones. Jordan Brown (talk) 20:31, 19 January 2023 (UTC)
Prank Randall by selling him wrapping paper that is printed on both sides so he can't turn it inside out 126.96.36.199 02:46, 26 December 2020 (UTC)