Title text: Three headstones down, I got a call from my mom and it went from bad to worse.
Here, Cueball appears to be putting blame on someone who died. This could be a result of...
- ...the deceased insisting on a font that was not sans-serif for his tombstone, but the results were typographically unappealing but permanent, not the least because the deceased is "no longer available" to change his mind.
- ...the deceased having died because he used a font that was not sans-serif.
- ...Cueball being "forced" to kill the person who is now deceased, due to him giving Cueball something that was in a font that was not the sans-serif font for which Cueball asked.
In any way, the onlookers seem horrified at this sight. What they do not know is that Cueball is arguing with his still-alive co-worker (citation needed) who got into quite a bit of trouble due to using a font that was not sans-serif, despite Cueball having the knowledge that a sans-serif font was better. Cueball is actually using a Bluetooth headset that allows one to speak without actually touching the cell phone. The problem is that, since the headset is a small object attached to the user's ear while the phone is out of sight, someone using a Bluetooth headset may give the impression that he is talking to himself, or again, to a person who happens to be in front of him (even if the "unintended recipient" is dead).
The title text suggests that Cueball is not on good terms with his mother, thus meriting a worse argument. The problem is that Cueball was in front of a different tombstone, thus giving the impression that he had an even worse grudge against his seemingly deceased mother, said impression thrusting worse problems into Cueball.
A different example of not knowing someone is talking on the phone: 
- [Cueball is in a cemetery, near a gravestone. Other people stand around staring. One Cueball-like figure stands to the right of him, and three figures, further away, look on as well. Of the three figures in the back, the tallest left-most Cueball-like figure covers his mouth with his hands. Megan is standing next to him, using her arm to block the view of a smaller figure to the right of her, presumably a child.]
- Cueball: Frankly, you deserve this. You knew I wanted a sans-serif font, and you ignored me. So really, this is your fault.
- I've discovered the worst place to wander while arguing on a hands-free headset.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!