- These are the comics that were posted on xkcd on Thursday.
- Click to expand for a more detailed explanation:
- Note that xkcd usually only posts a new comic Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- However, for several reasons comics have been posted on all week days
- In the early days of the comic it happened frequently, but it has become very rare since LiveJournal closed.
- Actually the two first on the list came during the period where comics were released both on LiveJorunal and on the then new xkcd site.
- The other two weekdays are typically used in comic series which sometime extend for five days in one week.
- Thursdays comic will then be part 4, as can be seen several times.
- It is not all of the series that are mentioned with a part number, as can be seen for Parody and Guest Week.
- The above mentioned exceptions explains all Tuesday comics before no. 961.
- Another case is if a comic becomes a tribute to a person who has just died. Then a comic has been seen to come out the day after, disregarding the normal release days.
- Another tribute like reason for a release day was the reason that 1642: Gravitational Waves was released a day early, on a Thursday instead of the scheduled Friday release.
- This was done in celebration of the announcement on 2016-02-11 that Gravitational Waves had been detected.
- Randall obviously new/expected this announcement and was ready with a comic on that day even though it was a Thursday.
- A special case was made for 1733: Solar Spectrum which was released a day late, on a Thursday instead of the scheduled Wednesday release.
- This was caused by the extreme popularity of that weeks Monday comic 1732: Earth Temperature Timeline, especially among people not usually visiting xkcd.
- As this was likely better than what Randall could have hoped for, he left it on the front page one day longer to keep posted links to xkcd's main page, because of this comic, active for one day longer.
- He even posted a note about this above the comics in the header. See this trivia item about this.
- One other notable exception that can lead to off-set release dates is April Fools day.
- This has not happened yet for a Thursday (as of 2016), and the next Thursday April 1st is not until 2021...
- Finally there could be incidences where a comic possibly has been miscategorized.
- The date given should be when posted on xkcd, not here.
- Please check up on this and explain here and at the comic why it has been released on a Tuesday.
- The dates can be found in the xkcd archive
- Hover mouse over title to view publication date.
Pages in category "Thursday comics"
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total.