Title text: I *do* hear that they're the most comfortable thing to wear on your feet since sliced bread.
This comic refers to the creepy new running shoe fad in which there are shoes that have very little support (they are supposed to make you feel like running barefoot) and have individual areas for each toe. The joke in the comic is that the shoes are so strange, Cueball is not even sure he would want to live forever if he would have to wear these shoes at all times.
The title text is a play on the common phrase "x is the best thing since sliced bread". The way that Randall uses the phrase in the title text implies that someone would wear sliced bread on their feet.
- [A man holding a sword looks up to a disembodied voice coming from above, and a box hovers in the air before him.]
- Voice: For saving my kingdom, I offer you a gift of great power.
- [The man puts down his sword, and the box opens, a glow emanating from within.]
- Voice: These magic shoes enable the wearer to outrun death itself.
- Man: Thank you. I...
- [A close-up on the man as he examines the shoes. They are like Vibram FiveFingers shoes.]
- Man: Whoa, wait. They have those creepy individual toes.
- [The man puts the shoes back in the box.]
- Voice: But they make you immortal.
- Man: ...I have to think about this.
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!