Title text: :(
|This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect. If you see a way to improve it, edit it! Thanks.|
xkcd has had a couple of awkward-romance strips throughout its history. Other examples of things not to say in romantic moments are given in 770: All the Girls and 44: Love. Playing on stereotypes, the girl has analyzed every aspect of the relationship, and the guy hasn't analyzed anything at all.
The title text references the feeling of sadness. :)
- [Hairy and Megan are talking]
- Megan: I worry that I'm just with you because it's familiar. Of course no one else compares. I've known you for so long that I'd have to spend years with someone to build up this kind of connection and I daren't let you go of you long enough to let that happen.
- Megan: But I guess this is really all I can ask for. I'm happy with you; I should stop worrying.
- [Megan takes Hairy's hand.]
- Hairy: This is probably a bad time to bring this up, but I don't actually like you.