Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
Playing on stereotypes, Megan has analyzed every aspect of the relationship, and the guy hasn't analyzed anything at all.
The title text references the feeling of sadness... :(
- [Hairy and Megan are talking]
- Megan: I worry that I'm just with you because it's familiar. Of course no one else compares. I've known you for so long that I'd have to spend years with someone to build up this kind of connection and I daren't let you go of you long enough to let that happen.
- Megan: But I guess this is really all I can ask for. I'm happy with you; I should stop worrying.
- [Megan takes Hairy's hand.]
- Hairy: This is probably a bad time to bring this up, but I don't actually like you.
xkcd has had a couple of awkward-romance strips throughout its history. Other examples of things not to say in romantic moments are given in 770: All the Girls and 44: Love.
add a comment!
What do you reckon is missing from the explanation? ––St.nerol (talk) 14:26, 2 July 2013 (UTC)
- I'm running through the first comics and when I feel that something is missing it just gets the incomplete tag. Everyone is welcome to fix and remove this tag. The most worse error here was :) instead of :(.--Dgbrt (talk) 15:22, 2 July 2013 (UTC)
- The happy smiley was after the sentence dryly explaining the fairly obvious thing that a sad smiley means sadness. It was totally intentional, meant as a joke, funny or not! It could have been ;) though. –St.nerol (talk) 07:55, 3 July 2013 (UTC)
- The title text shows :( not more or less. If you have ideas beyond of this explain it, but do not change the original text.--Dgbrt (talk) 20:14, 7 July 2013 (UTC)
- This is confused. How do you mean, I changed the original text? –St.nerol (talk) 09:36, 10 July 2013 (UTC)
- Go here: [], you did change the ":(" to ";)" and a few edits before you did ":)". I just did edit this to the correct sadness symbol. When Randall talks about apples you can't explain bananas.--Dgbrt (talk) 10:44, 10 July 2013 (UTC)
- I'm removing the sentence. It was just a joke, but it wasn't appreciated. :( ––St.nerol (talk) 19:19, 21 July 2013 (UTC)
- What the hell you are doing? We need an explain for the title text, even when it's simple.--Dgbrt (talk) 19:32, 21 July 2013 (UTC)
- No. You don't need to explain what a smiley is. Everybody knows. Especially on the internet. There's got to be a limit; we don't, for example, explain the meaning of common english words. –St.nerol (talk) 08:18, 22 July 2013 (UTC)