3: Island (sketch)
(Redirected from 3)
Title text: Hello, island
This comic does not present a particular point; it is just a picture drawn by Randall.
The title text may be a play on the classical "Hello, world!" program, traditionally a first program when learning a new programming language.
- [A color sketch of an island.]
- This was the 3rd comic originally posted to LiveJournal.
- The previous was 4: Landscape (sketch).
- The next was 2: Petit Trees (sketch).
- This is the only comic that has the same number both on xkcd and on LiveJournal.
- Original title: "Island"
- Original Randall quote: "I draw these a lot."
- This was one of the thirteen first comics posted to LiveJournal within 12 minutes on Friday September 30, 2005.
- This comic was posted on xkcd when the web site opened on Sunday the 1st of January 2006.
- It was posted along with all 41 comics posted before that on LiveJournal as well as a few others.
- The latter explaining why the numbers of these 41 LiveJournal comics ranges from 1-44.
- One of the original drawings drawn on checkered paper.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!
It looks a bit like Saba, in the Caribbean. 220.127.116.11 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
- It's a hippo
I think the bumps on the top of the peak make a look like a hippopotamus-shaped island. 18.104.22.168 19:48, 7 September 2014 (UTC)
Is it just me or is the title text explanation trying to say something? 22.214.171.124 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
This looks a lot like the island with an old airfield in Kerbal Space Program. 126.96.36.199 09:15, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
- The first beta release of Kerbal Space Program was in 2015, this comic is form 2005. --Dgbrt (talk) 19:44, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
- I know. Clearly Randall is a time-traveler! (The beta release was in 2011, by the way.) 188.8.131.52 13:31, 22 November 2018 (UTC)