2: Petit Trees (sketch)
|Petit Trees (sketch)|
Title text: "Petit" being a reference to Le Petit Prince, which I only thought about halfway through the sketch
This comic does not present a particular point; it is just a picture drawn by Randall.
The Little Prince (in French Le Petit Prince) is a novella written by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry in 1943, about the titular Little Prince, who lives on an asteroid and visits other inhabited asteroids and eventually the Earth. The book is filled with drawings of the asteroid, the prince, and the travels they make. It is noted how, on occasion, baobab trees can begin to grow on these asteroids, and should they not be immediately uprooted, the growth of their roots would tear the asteroid apart. In this drawing, the roots are encircling the sphere, rather than piercing it, as Le Petit Prince describes.
- [Two trees are growing on opposite sides of a sphere.]
- This was the 4th comic originally posted to LiveJournal.
- Original title: "Le Petit"
- Original Randall quote: "Another fairly old drawing that I scanned."
- This was one of the thirteen first comics posted to LiveJournal within 12 minutes on Friday September 30, 2005.
- This comic was posted on xkcd when the web site opened on Sunday the 1st of January 2006.
- It was posted along with all 41 comics posted before that on LiveJournal as well as a few others.
- The latter explaining why the numbers of these 41 LiveJournal comics ranges from 1-44.
- One of the original drawings drawn on checkered paper.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!