Talk:1241: Annoying Ringtone Champion
can somebody add the link to the audio files for the other annoying ringtones mentioned her? 220.127.116.11 10:21, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
- "That sound" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cVlTeIATBs --RainbowDash (talk) 18:15, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_pressure#Sound_pressure_level) 194db is the loudest sound possible without distortion in Earth's atmosphere, so unlikely that you could update an audio file of it.
- And you would most likely die from that sound pressure level. --18.104.22.168 16:58, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
- Wouldn't it be rather a question of your sound equipment if you can achieve 194dB? --Chtz (talk) 17:10, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
How can he speak of most annoying mosquito sounds and not refer to this?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4k036R3wQE Some kid in my high school actually had this as his ringtone for awhile. I'm pretty sure he got jumped (if he didn't, he ought to have been). 22.214.171.124 00:59, 23 July 2013 (UTC)
- damn im so having that as my ringtone. i dont care how uncomfortable it makes me. seeing all the others people squirm will be worth it. next up i change my text alert to the sound it makes in some popular game when your health gets low. no wait that would be such an effective alarm clock. 126.96.36.199 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
The "mosquito whine" could also be a reference to the very high-pitched ringtones, often known as "mosquito" tones, that some teenagers so they'll be notified about any phone activity without their schoolteacher realizing they're using a phone in class. Supposedly, "older" people (over 25 or so) can't hear such high frequencies. Acelightning (talk) 08:14, 23 July 2013 (UTC)
- I'm 31 and I can still hear frequencies up to 17KHz. When I was 15 I could hear up to 16.5KHz but that may have been due to using an old mid-range speaker. Now I'm using standard apple earphones. --Zom-B (talk) 08:29, 24 July 2013 (UTC)
- Some of the "mosquito tones" are as high as 23 KHz. I'm 65, and I can still hear up to around 17 KHz. Although I've worked in audio most of my life, instead of constantly jacking the monitor speaker up higher and higher so I could "feel the music", I'd put on earphones to *protect* my hearing from the musicians. They were yelling "Speak up! I can't hear you!" into the telephone by the time they were 25... and then they realized why I always wore cans :-) Acelightning (talk) 08:56, 24 July 2013 (UTC)
I wonder where the Metal Gear Solid alert sound effect placed? A ringtone that certain people (MGS fans) have unwittingly conditioned themselves to associate with heightened tension and a need to hide would be annoying. That said most of them would only have themselves to blame since MGS fans would be the most likely to have such a ring tone. -Pennpenn 188.8.131.52 00:55, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
I still think my friend is more annoying than any of those ringtones.