Talk:2231: The Time Before and After Land
I believe that the "bees" are paired with words like "for" in the chart to draw similarities to the word "before"? 22.214.171.124 21:49, 20 November 2019 (UTC)
Agreed. Has been changed. 126.96.36.199 21:59, 20 November 2019 (UTC)
While the chart begins with Big Bang on the left side, I bee-lieve it's a history of our solar system, not the universe. When Rocky Planets formed is not a single specific point in time across the entire universe, and we have no idea if bees or thyme even exist beyond our planet. Ianrbibtitlht (talk) 23:12, 20 November 2019 (UTC)
- Not quite. The Earth formed with the rest of the solar system. And since "Rocky planets form" is shown earlier, it's presumably refers to rocky planets in the universe -- in other, older star systems, rather than our own. --Aaron of Mpls (talk)
As of this comment, this page is the first page to pop up when typing in the phrase "The Time for Beeland". 188.8.131.52 23:51, 20 November 2019 (UTC)
- And big missed opportunity for "Four bees land on thyme" 184.108.40.206 05:16, 21 November 2019 (UTC)
- Fortunately, we seem to have avoided "the land after bee's time". At least for now. 220.127.116.11 23:03, 21 November 2019 (UTC)SiliconWolf
The Big Bang of course has two bees in it.
- …But those bees did not develop until long after homo sapien did, the written word, the latin alphabet, et al. Indeed, “The Big Bang”, is a rather more recent construct, although the event is pre-Plank time. Logics (talk) 17:22, 21 November 2019 (UTC)
- Ty for missing and/or killing the joke... 18.104.22.168 23:03, 21 November 2019 (UTC)SiliconWolf
Perhaps missing from the hovertext: The home of LEGO? ;) 22.214.171.124 17:17, 21 November 2019 (UTC)
Any link to the horrible pun in https://xkcd.com/282/ ? It's at least another thyme pun
It appears that not only is the timeline not to scale, so is the bottom horizontal line. Randall shows "The Land Before Time" movie concurrent with "The Land Before Thyme" era. Ancient Egyptians and greeks were already cultivating Thyme well before the movie was released in 1988. These Are Not The Comments You Are Looking For (talk) 03:12, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Good question, what does the hash mark labelled "The Land Before Time" refer to? It cannot refer to the existence of the movie, The Land Before Time. It most likely refers to the time period portrayed in the movie, i.e. the time of the dinosaurs. According to the timeline, dinosaurs developed after land nesting bees and before the thyme plant developed.