Talk:1721: Business Idea
Randall done goofed
He accidentally named TWO comics "Business Idea". This one and comic 827 (https://xkcd.com/827/). Because his comics are stored by name, not id, he has two "business_idea.png"s. The newer replaced the older one, but explain-xkcd has the original, probably due to the way either one is stored.
- I'm honestly surprised Randall would make a mistake like this. Like shouldn't he have a list and a script that automatically checks wether a title was already used? --184.108.40.206 09:25, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
- Or simply append/prepend the comic number to the image name, that way you can't have duplicates.
- Check the fora. Let him know he broke 827(http://i.imgur.com/0LTTpmJ.png) if he doesn't know already. I'm too lazy. 220.127.116.11 04:35, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
- Store it on the wiki as a jpeg and differentiate that way. --18.104.22.168 04:59, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
In Germany and many other countries, the gas pumps actually have a separate hose per fuel type, so many fans of xkcd might not be able to understand this comic. 22.214.171.124 05:18, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, because many of us use Diesel, and you should not mix diesel and petrol. But it's no problem to mix small quantities of regular into premium or vice versa. --126.96.36.199 09:06, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
- Not just diesel and petrol - every kind of fuel sold (usually 4 per pump - petrol/diesel x premium/regular, sometimes fast diesel pump for trucks instead of diesel premium) has a separate hose and pistol in Poland. You choose the fuel by choosing the pistol. I'm guessing it's the same in a large part of Europe at least. It didn't even occur to me that it could be done differently. I honestly thought it was part of the joke - that Cueball doesn't even know that. --188.8.131.52 10:07, 17 August 2016 (UTC)