Talk:2097: Thor Tools
- I agree. That interpretation should be in the explanation instead of the present one.--Pere prlpz (talk) 19:58, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
Many nail-guns use cartridges filled with a combustible material (gunpowder or similar) rather than a supply of compressed air. A blank load of a .22 rimfire pistol cartridge is typical. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powder-actuated_tool 126.96.36.199 18:35, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
Is there a possibility that the reversed axis suggests an (aero)plane as the worst weapon? Bad taste rules it out I suppose. 188.8.131.52 18:46, 11 January 2019 (UTC) Nic
I've been hit or otherwise injured by most of these, but I do not know of anyone who has been planed, that's how dangerous planes are, everyone knows to be careful. SDSpivey (talk) 19:17, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
- I'm not sure if you're being humorous or if you have experience with powered board planers. Are they dangerous? 184.108.40.206 20:37, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
There are some nailguns that don't use compressed air tanks or combustible materials - they have air compressors in them, powered by drill batteries or wall outlets. 220.127.116.11 20:12, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
Also, unless that's an electric staple gun, the transcript should say nail gun. Look at how it's being held - as if there's a trigger, not as if there's a big handle on the back. 18.104.22.168 20:17, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
- It looks like a staplegun to me, which is the most common of the options. I figure the lever is pressed. But that's a good point, his hand is up towards the top, not down towards the bottom for leverage. (edited from previous comment when I realized I was wrong and wanted to talk nicer) 22.214.171.124 20:37, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
Interpretations of items (feel free to change if desired): 126.96.36.199 20:37, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
- Adversary being forced into a powered board planer, shreds of flesh spewing out the other side. "OH MY GOD DON'T PLANE ME!"
- Thor throws his flying dremel towards the control board of a distant nuclear bomb on a timer, where it _CUTS THE RED WIRE THE TIMER READS 0:00_
- An evil corporation is marketing a new treatment for depression. Thor marches into a demonstration being broadcast worldwide. Brandishing Mjolnir, his digital calipers, he measures the subject's left eyeball. THE TREATMENT HAS GROWN IT BY TWO THOUSANDTHS OF AN INCH.