Title text: Scientists are also sexy, let's not forget that.
This comic is a reference to the belief that the earth has only existed for about 6,000 years, as some people think that the Bible suggests. The professor is originally inclined to allow the person continue holding his beliefs... until she hears that this person is a US senator.
- [Megan and a professor stand together, with another figure in the distance]
- Megan: Professor, that man claims the earth is 6,000 years old!
- Professor: So? Just use your head and don't concern yourself overmuch with what other people think.
- Megan: But he says the fossils in the mountains were put there in a flood!
- Professor: Well, evidence suggests that they were not.
- Megan: But he--
- [A mountain landscape.]
- Professor: A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them.
- [Megan and professor again]
- Megan: But he believes the silliest things!
- Professor: So?
- Professor: The universe doesn't care what you believe. The wonderful thing about science is that it doesn't ask for your faith, it just asks for your eyes.
- Megan: But he's a US Senator!
- Professor: Ah, then yes, we do have a bit of a situation.