362: Blade Runner
Title text: Blade Runner: classic, but incredibly slow.
Blade Runner is a famous science fiction movie from 1982 featuring Harrison Ford, and it is now considered a classic. One of the principal characters is played by Daryl Hannah. Hannah later became known for acting in lighthearted rom-com films, such as Splash (in which she is a mermaid), similar to the type of films that the Olsen twins are known for. Hannah does look similar to the Olsens, although she is 26 years older, as they were born in 1986 - four years after the movie was released. Full House is a TV series, and New York Minute is a romantic film both featuring the Olsens. Hannah's character in Blade Runner (a homicidal sex robot) is a marked departure from this type of role.
The friend also claims that Blade Runner is a rip-off of the 2004 comedy film New York Minute. Such a comment is completely illogical — Blade Runner came out 22 years prior, and the two films are from completely different genres.
From the above, it is clear that the friend is most likely just trolling (doubly so since New York Minute would not be considered very good by people who enjoy sci-fi classics). It could be that he actually believes that these movies came out in the order he discovered them in, although the other guy still hates him for ruining the experience for him by reminding him of the Olsen twins...
The title text is a common comment on the movie - it's just not like an ordinary modern sci-fi movie. It is also likely a pun on the phrase "instant classic," which is sometimes used to describe movies considered so good that they "become a classic" immediately after release.
- Friend: What DVD is this?
- Cueball: Blade Runner. I got it for Christmas.
- Friend: The one with Harrison Ford, right? And the Olsen twins?
- Cueball: Ye— What? Olsen twins? No, this is the 80's sci-fi classic!
- Friend: Huh. I didn't know the Olsen twins even did sci-fi.
- Cueball: ...They don't.
- Friend: So is Ashely the replicant, or is Mary-Kate? I can never tell them apart.
- Cueball: Neither! They're not in this movie!
- Friend: Then who is?
- Cueball: Daryl Hannah!
- Friend: I liked her in Full House.
- Cueball: I hate you.
- Friend: Man, this movie is just a New York Minute rip-off.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!