|: Drawing - Want|
Title text: Well, she's pretty hot.
This was the forty-sixth comic originally posted to LiveJournal. The previous one was 48: Found, and the next one was 50: Penny Arcade. It was among the last eleven comics posted both on LiveJournal and on xkcd.com after the new site was launched. This comic was published on the same day across both sites, but not all of them shared the same posting day.
Cueball is making an honest profession of his feelings. This is often held up as a valuable thing in cementing a relationship. In the first three panels, he makes the kind of cliched poetic, romantic statements that would typically be expected. In the last panel, however, he undercuts all of this by crassly revealing that he also really wants to have sex with his paramour's sister.
In the title text, he attempts to excuse his statement by reasoning that the sister is incredibly attractive.
- [Cueball is standing talking in the same position in all four panels. In the second panel, Cueball seems to have hair.]
- Cueball: I want to be brave enough to tell you how I feel.
- Cueball: I want to say "I love you" before I hang up the phone for once.
- Cueball: I want to drive all night with you, listening to mix tapes, not caring where we end up.
- Cueball: Oh, and I also really want to get with your sister.
- Cueball: I mean, DAMN.
- This comic was released on a Saturday. It was released only 19 minutes before midnight at 11:41 PM.
- This used to be one of the footer comics featured in the bottom segment of xkcd.com.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!