(Redirected from 976)
Title text: It only works a few times before you have to capsize the boat in a soap lagoon again.
A billowing sail sometimes looks like the first stage of blowing a bubble. The main character is clearly surprised when a bubble is actually formed by the filled sail.
Readers infer from the title text that the water is also part of this fantastical scenario. If the boat was overturned (capsized) in a soap lagoon, a film would form between the mast and the boom (horizontal bar that adjusts the sail). The film would become like the sail in the comic, filling with air and forming bubbles until the film is used up.
- [Someone is sailing a lateen rigged sailboat.]
- [The wind picks up, pushing the sail forward.]
- [The wind builds strength, and the sailor has to stand up to hold on to the main sheet.]
- [The sail balloons out, strangely distorted, and he can barely hold on to the sheet.]
- [Finally, part of the sail separates into a bubble, and the sailor almost falls over backwards. The sail begins to return to its normal shape.]
- [The sailor sits down and scratches his head in confusion as the bubble floats away.]
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!