Talk:566: Matrix Revisited
In panel #9, the characters are upside-down and the colors are inverted. Films are produced on negatives, which invert the colors, and are threaded through the projector upside-down (the lens turns the image right-side-up again when projected). This could mean that, instead of merely being in a "non-existent dimension," the characters have gone WAY out of the Matrix and now see themselves to be what they truly are: images on film. (If this was Randall's intention, he might have made it more clear by including the sprocket holes.) Shanek (talk) 12:08, 2 May 2013 (UTC)
- Regardless of the lack of sprocket holes, I think this is an excellent insight and I will add it to the explanation. 220.127.116.11 00:41, 11 January 2014 (UTC)
I believe that, if one were to take both the red and blue pills, they would wake up the next morning with no memory of the encounter, then they would be removed from the matrix.HisHighestMinion (talk) 20:47, 9 April 2016 (UTC)
- The opposite of what I replied to Shanek. 18.104.22.168 00:41, 11 January 2014 (UTC)
I wonder if the sequel bit implies of how the entire movie is supposed to make you just accept things as they are no matter how messed up, and people voluntarily ignore the existence of the sequels, which is the exact opposite of the philosophy that the movie encourages. AndyZ
- Actually the Matrix was all about remaking the originals.
- Something Holywoodland does every 5 or 10 years. They can even slip history 80 to 120 degrees west if they think the audience is really stupid.
Can someone explain panel #16? What exactly is happening offstage here? 22.214.171.124 23:04, 21 June 2015 (UTC)
- Ostensibly the two people are inflicting violence upon the person who suggested putting the other two Matrix movies on (hence why his seat is empty in the last panel). He probably should have just stuck with The Second Renaissance. -Pennpenn
126.96.36.199 06:51, 10 August 2015 (UTC)
Since I don't know how to add wikipedia links, could someone link to the wiki page on exhibitionism for that 'flashing' part? I feel like it should be added. -- Prongs95 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
Pink powder? I thought red and blue make purple! (It does look purple to me)188.8.131.52 19:38, 28 December 2015 (UTC)
- Looks like magenta to me, which is the result of full red and full blue in the RGB color space.184.108.40.206 22:13, 26 May 2016 (UTC)
Was there a decision concerning TvTropes vs AllTheTropes? I remember that there was a discussion of which one should be used 220.127.116.11 00:05, 27 May 2016 (UTC)
Why is the paragraph about 1978: Congressional Testimony included in this explanation. It does not seem to be relevant. 18.104.22.168 23:07, 10 December 2019 (UTC)