Talk:886: Craigslist Apartments
I would have thought the klein stairs with the intense heat in short bursts may be a reference to a research fusion reactor. 'Net searches seem to suggest there may be connections between plasma behaviour and klein bottle mathematics. 18.104.22.168 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
The Minotaur sounds like a reference to Doctor Who The God Complex. 22.214.171.124 05:05, 1 December 2013 (UTC)
The closet full of board games which play themselves could be a reference to the movie Jumanji. Can't remember a tub full of blood from that movie, though, however surely pets won't survive long. 126.96.36.199 21:13, 12 December 2013 (UTC)
I explained the third one, but I have no idea about the lack of floor. Because of this and others, I added an 'Incomplete' tag with the appropriate reason. 188.8.131.52 03:32, 17 January 2014 (UTC)
I believe that the "616" "$1616" is a reference to the number of the beast. 184.108.40.206 18:53, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
- The number of the beast is 666. Not 616. NealCruco (talk) 01:54, 18 April 2014 (UTC)
- It sounds like you must have some good information to make that statement so plainly - maybe you should correct the appropriate section on Wikipedia (Number_of_the_beast#616) and add your references/citations. It would seem several sources (including the oldest known "version" of the text) indicates '616' as a "variant" Brettpeirce (talk) 12:59, 18 April 2014 (UTC)
I do not belive the glassy minerals would make up the entire facade
"including the oldest known "version" of the text"
Have you read that article?
I motion to close/complete this one. 220.127.116.11 17:57, 17 April 2014 (UTC)
Regarding the house near Pripyat explanation, "the glass facade references radioactive glassy minerals created by the explosion" seems to be conflating the Corium produced at Chernobyl with the Trinitite produced by nuclear explosion at Alamogordo. There was a steam explosion at Chernobyl, but the Corium was produced by the heat of the subsequent meltdown, not by the force of the explosion. The current explanation also includes, "It may also be the nuclear facility itself, depending on interpretation; ...". It seems clear to me that the apartment for rent is the nuclear facility itself, and not some house in Pripyat, which is "5-min drive" away; why else the "Three floors w/pool, rooftop garden, beautiful glass facade". -- 18.104.22.168 12:03, 18 April 2014 (UTC)
- Agreed. I have edited to reflect the same, and have also noted the likelihood that the "pool" referenced is probably temporary containment for spent nuclear fuel. Not so sure about the "3-level" thing, though. My knowledge of nuclear power plant design is extremely limited. Orazor (talk) 12:20, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
I just reread this and I think that the the pool in question may be the glass walled three story swimming pool azure in pripyat. The same one as was in modern warfare. 22.214.171.124 13:48, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
Any idea what 1386153 means? Lucas often 'hid' 1138 everywhere, so could this be part of it? Other thoughts:
Is the (no animals) part of the veiled porn ad another reference to 'no furries' maybe?126.96.36.199 19:15, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
I think the square room with a door in front is an elevator, making several floor stops in the list. PaperDragonCA 188.8.131.52 21:43, 19 October 2016 (UTC)
- No. They are just selling a large, square, wooden front door. The word deal means wood. --184.108.40.206 20:46, 20 August 2020 (UTC)
I thought that "water and heat from same source" meant being pissed on by the Viking. 220.127.116.11 17:34, 20 July 2017 (UTC)
I think that:
- "Strobe light" AND "no floor" together may refer to a greenhouse.
- Cats ok, up to 1/square foot --- literally cat-only animal shelter.
- Viking landlord AND same source for water and head --- the area is Iceland, near geothermal water source.
- My impression of the viking one was that it was on a hot spring. IIRC there are a lot of hot springs in scandanavia
Can someone explain why "it is impossible to build a klein bottle in 3 dementianal space"? It seems to me that klein bottles are readily available to purchase: https://www.kleinbottle.com/