explain xkcd talk:Community portal
|The comments below are preserved as an archive. Please don't use this page for further discussions. Use the Community portal sections instead.|
I'd like to suggest that we start off this page with a link to Special:SpecialPages for those non-wiki users among us - lots of cool things to be done with the software that isn't immediately apparent. Perhaps a link to the wikipedia:Wikipedia:Tutorial as well. --Philosopher Let us reason together. 07:30, 1 August 2012 (EDT)
- Heh, done. Feel free to change it if you want.--Philosopher Let us reason together. 08:42, 1 August 2012 (EDT)
- If we could reserve this page to talking about the Community portal, it'd be awesome. :) We've got enough discussion pages going at the moment, anyway... --Philosopher Let us reason together. 21:04, 3 August 2012 (EDT)
« Login error: Incorrect or missing confirmation code. »
Please, how could I possibly do that? I do not see any such code, nor do I see an input box.
I do not actually know « What is the first name of the writer of the webcomic this wiki is about? ». & spellcheck is telling me that « webcomic » is not a conjoined word, which would be silly.
Please do assist this ignoramus to register, so that I can write many more ignorant comments.
126.96.36.199 15:31, 20 June 2013 (UTC)
It has taken a few hours; but, explainxkcd has finally accepted me. I do not yet know « What is the first name of the writer of the webcomic this wiki is about? ».
- « The art of letter-writing is fast dying out. When a letter cost nine pence, it seemed but fair to try to make it worth nine pence ... Now, however, we think we are too busy for such old-fashioned correspondence. We fire off a multitude of rapid and short notes, instead of sitting down to have a good talk over a real sheet of paper. » 1871.
- « The age of leisure is dead, and the art of conversation is dying. A craving for literary nips. There never was an age in which so many people were able to write badly. » 1890.
- « People talk as they ride bicycles–at a rush–without pausing to consider their surroundings the profession of letters is so little understood, tendency among the children of today to rebel against restraint. » 1905.
- 1214: Little more than a month ago, Chris Hayes had described geoguessr, which I had, @ first, websearched as geoguesser, geo guesser. I do think that Anton Wallen | Anton Wallén should link; may I? My machine crashes | freezes so much that my score does not last very long. < http://geoguessr.com >.
- First: Check your links with the preview button, nearly all are not working (red color does show this).
- Third: @Hopiakuta: I simply do not understand.--Dgbrt (talk) 18:52, 20 June 2013 (UTC)
- Please explain captcha riddles, like: « What is the first name of the writer of the webcomic this wiki is about? ». Why did it block me for a long time with?: « Login error: Incorrect or missing confirmation code. »? Obviously, I am now registered; but, why had I been blocked out for an extended period? Also, hopiakuta is a screenname that I often register; DonFphrnqTaub Persina is my name, my full name, actual name, true name. If I add redirects, it is good or bad or neutral?
If you are not entirely angry, then userpage, please. I can also use a telephone.