577: The Race: Part 1
|The Race: Part 1|
Title text: Great, and you JUST finished paying off the settlement over the Wayne Coyne hamster ball incident.
This is possibly a continuation of 139: I Have Owned Two Electric Skateboards.Firefly was a television series aired by Fox in 2002 that got cancelled mid-way through, but it has a large fan base nowadays (for a more comprehensive explanation, see the Wikipedia page). The star of the show was Captain Malcolm (or Mal) Reynolds, played by Nathan Fillion. So, in this comic, Megan tells Cueball that Nathan Fillion has an electric skateboard. Cueball immediately starts planning a trip to visit and race Nathan Fillion. Electric skateboards have been the subject of several other comics like 139: I Have Owned Two Electric Skateboards, 409: Electric Skateboard (Double Comic) and a panel in 442: xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel.
This series was released on five consecutive days (Monday to Friday) and not over the usual schedule of three comics a week. These are all the comics in The Race series:
- 577: The Race: Part 1
- 578: The Race: Part 2
- 579: The Race: Part 3
- 580: The Race: Part 4
- 581: The Race: Part 5
- Megan: Huh, cool. Nathan Fillion (Mal from Firefly) has an electric skateboard. Just like you!
- [Cueball leaves the room.]
- Megan: Did you hear that? Nathan-
- Sounds from off-screen: Ratchet Zip Buckle
- [Cueball returns wearing helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, sunglasses and holding his electric skateboard.]
- Cueball: I heard. Gimme the computer. I need to book a flight.
- [Caption in a black frame at the bottom of the last panel:]
- To be continued...
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!