User talk:While False
I just found a bug in the vandal bot: if a page starts with "crap", it won't vandalize. Should we run a similar bot that just prepends the word crap once instead of replacing the text with the word repeated, to "vaccinate" the pages? One crap in addition to the page content would be a lot less disruptive than a page full of it. 220.127.116.11 22:03, 3 May 2022 (UTC)
- Maybe. (See the source for some code that might work) crap18.104.22.168 22:11, 3 May 2022 (UTC)
- Maybe. (See the source for some code that might work)
Thanks for fixing the "crap" on my page
Hi While False
Saw your comment on my page, and did not see the crap post before I was looking into this here. Also read about the problems you had with FaIse account. Sad this happens. Sadly I'm not an admin and have no way on contacting any of them. Shame that the x.k.c.d account again is active. But it is very annoying. Thanks for putting my page right again. Hope it stays that way. Not sure what we can do, I'm not tech wizard... --Kynde (talk) 08:59, 4 May 2022 (UTC)
I thought I owed you a little explanation, since you showed interest earlier.
- Yeah, all the API stuff is indeed by Ozank.
- The tweaks to automatically run the rollback are by my friend KockaAdmiralac who I called on shortly before entering the fray.
- More context:
- The base script is by Ozank, though it got rewritten by me at some point (probably without changing the API calls, though)
- It also had to be adapted to work on vanilla MediaWiki at all
- The last about two thousand reverts were made in part by a different script I wrote on this occasion, that I can rerun later if needed
- Cube-shaped garbage can (talk) 09:54, 5 May 2022 (UTC)
Concision and clarity
In case it helps, I think that your edit was in response to the same person as did a few other edits not long ago, that I reverted. Encompassed by the following lines in Recent Changes, at the end of 2nd June:
- 23:09 1490: Atoms (2 changes | history) . . (0) . . [22.214.171.124; 126.96.36.199]
- 23:08 1368: One Of The (2 changes | history) . . (0) . . [188.8.131.52; 184.108.40.206]
- 20:43 352: Far Away (2 changes | history) . . (0) . . [220.127.116.11; 18.104.22.168]
- 20:41 1140: Calendar of Meaningful Dates (2 changes | history) . . (0) . . [22.214.171.124; 126.96.36.199]
- Leaving you to find and follow the links, tabbing around to copy and paste addresses to link directly is quite awkward, since the latest update of this browser... Urgh!
By 'coincidence' or not, all the IPs involved in these original edits we reverted have Contrib histories showing various disruptions from the recent vandal. Not proof in itself, but the insertion of uselessly florid language ( <- no stranger to that myself, admittedly! ) - it looks like a new phase of "trying to mess things up" from the same geographic-at-least source. Subtle and not so disruptive, but maybe a drip drip drip thing with a long-game, unless even cleverer than currently obvious.
Anyway glad I'm not the only one who thought it was odd. Just thought I'd say. 188.8.131.52 12:43, 3 June 2022 (UTC)